Starling tracked by A6600

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
philzucker
OP philzucker Veteran Member • Posts: 9,339
Re: Starling tracked by A6600

math guy wrote:

philzucker wrote:

Tracking works really well with the A6600. Here a composite out of three pics showing a starling flying off a branch, followed doggedly by the camera - result is not stellar, I know, but the tracking is nonetheless impressive IMO:

The bird stays in focus in spite of the dense foreground - quite an achievement, isn't it?

I agree. Like you, I shot Pentax for years. So even eight months after converting to Sony, I'm still amazed by its AF capabilities. It's a night-and-day difference compared to Pentax.

Have to agree on the AF; am very curious though which improvements the Pentax K3-III will deliver in this respect. Apart from AF ergonomics, handling and overall build and picture quality are simply amazing with my Pentax K-1, so I will continue to use it with enthusiasm.

But for birding I find the A6600 (which also has an excellent build quality IMO, my A6000 a bit less so ...) in combination with the 70-350 much easier to handle, at least within the limits of my capabilities and experiences with both cameras; not only the AF, but also the stabilized image in the viewfinder makes it more comfortable for me to shoot at focal lengths of 300mm or longer.

Phil

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow