Sharing your photos with family and friends over the Internet

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adk Paddler New Member • Posts: 22
Sharing your photos with family and friends over the Internet

I’m looking for suggestions for a way to share my photos over the Internet with family and friends.

I’ve been using Facebook, but the FB photo upload interface has degraded and dropped features that are crucial to me, so I fear I need to abandon FB.

I do all my editing, sequencing and captioning in my photo management tool (ACDSee) on my computer. The photo filenames, when sorted alphabetically, are in the correct order for display.

This is all I want the application to do:

• Allow me to compile sets of photos into albums, and allow me to order the albums.
  • Allow me to display the photos within the album either alphabetically or in the download order.
  • Display photos with their IPTC Caption.

Facebook used to do all of these except they recently stopped supporting IPTC Captions – which are vital to me.

I typically have about 8 G of photos (less than 1000) per year (size is for original image quality). I suppose I wouldn’t mind if the storage site down sampled the image (like Google Photos and Facebook do).

I’m hoping there would not be too much of a charge for this service – after all, I am just a hobbyist.

I’m interested in how you do this and in any suggestions for me.

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow