Logan Canyon Utah Moonset -> Milkyway ->Sunrise

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP CMCphoto Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: Logan Canyon Utah Moonset -> Milkyway ->Sunrise

nighthiker wrote:

Hi!

Please poste the pictures so that I know where I can get a new camera for free at night

If your equipment isn't too heavy and you have several camera set-ups you can 'deploy' them along the trail, camp at the last camera until sunrise and collect them on the way back. OK, that works only for single-nights. A safe camera location in daylight might have to be off-trail to prevent an un-intended change in ownership

The time laps is nice, but the flashlights are disturbing. Is it possible to remove them by copy & paste the foreground from 'dark' neighboring images?

The announced robotic head Polaris from Benro might be a solution for this kind of photography with auto-ramping (for automated 'holy grail'), weather proof, remote control by cellphone, 'thief protection' by GPS (OK, at least you know where the thief is).

Haha, how about you just join me on an adventure No need to "borrow" my equipment. I've been awake with my cameras because I am paranoid that someone will decide they need a new home.

I'm considering what sort of off trail paths I'll have to do. A lot of the places up that canyon that I'd be interested in aren't possible to get to yet because of the snow. In a couple months or so many more places will be accessible.

I might go back and remove the flashes, they were from cars lower down passing through the canyon. With the motion of the camera between frames, it wasn't as simple as masking out parts of the image. Should be doable with some work, but I just didn't feel like this sequence deserved it with the break in the middle.

I was really temped by Polaris, but I want to see some reviews first. Plus I just splurged to buy the Edelkrone set, and my wife might take issue when we are getting ready to close on our first house. If it lives up to their promises, I'll probably pick one up next spring in time for next milkyway season.

CMCphoto's gear list:CMCphoto's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Samyang AF 24mm F2.8 FE Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow