Photolab 4: Slow NIK when processing RAW?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Flycaster
Flycaster Senior Member • Posts: 1,661
Photolab 4: Slow NIK when processing RAW?

I recently got Photolab 4 Elite and added the free NIK Collection to it.  I am now noticing that for jpgs, the NIK response is fairly quick; however, the NIK response to RAW takes about 1-2 minutes.  I'm fairly certain that this slowness is probably due to the larger RAW files in combination with the performance of my computer (HP 750-114 Envy, 12GBRAM, 2TB storage on HD, and not the greatest graphics card.)  Am I right with these assumptions.  If I were to get DxO's NIK, should I expect any faster action with NIK?

BTW, NIK is also installed in PSE 2020, and it works fairly quickly on the jpgs and tifs, but don't use it on RAWs.  My RAW work flow will start with PL and then be sent to PSE as a 8-bit .tif, where NIK would then come into play. Also, as exporting from PL to PSE takes a while, rather than add doing NIK in PL...which adds a lot of extra time, I choose to do NIK in PSE.  Of course, I would prefer to do NIK in PL, but I think my present setup is just too slow???

Flycaster's gear list:Flycaster's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Olympus Tough TG-2 Panasonic FZ1000
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow