Help to chose - Panasonic GX85 size with external microphone

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peace_VN
Peace_VN Regular Member • Posts: 112
Help to chose - Panasonic GX85 size with external microphone

Dear all,

I have been reading the DP forum for a long time about the mirrorless camera and I got a bit confused and would like to ask. Hope this is not a repeated topic. I am very new to mirrorless so please advise.

I currently use Pentax DSRL K70, I used to have Canon 1Ds II - all big old heavy things and move to Pentax for weight saving. I have not been using my cameras for a while - and just decided to come back to photography now.

I am looking for something small which I can travel around and do "photography". I prefer something that I can change the lens but not too big.

I want the camera to be able to do 4k video. I am not a very serious videographer but sometimes I like to film people do hand craft and I need a good external mic.

I see that the Panasonic GX85 or GX80 is quite popular. I am a bit concern that it does not have the microphone jack.

Can you advise something in a similar size with a microphone jack?

I have quite a wide range of budget for the camera but I prefer 2nd hand for now as I never experience mirrorless cameras

For the size of the Lumix GX85, is there any larger sensor camera? or is it worth it to get a larger sensor camera? I hear that the larger sensor may over heat in video mode

Thank u

Canon EOS-1Ds Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Pentax K-70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow