R5 is on sale. jump on it now? or wait?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nicholas Bouchard New Member • Posts: 8
R5 is on sale. jump on it now? or wait?

a brief overview of my gear: canon 90D, and tamron 150-600mm G2. also have a few other tamron lenses (18-400, 10-24 EF-S, 90mm macro). i like to do wildlife photography mainly, landscape secondary.

im not really all too happy on the performance of my 90D with the 150-600, the autofocus doesnt do a great job of keeping up with flying birds. i think a small amount of blame has to be put on both the camera and the lens. also find autofocus on the lens locks up every now and then where nothing happens when you try and focus, just for it to start working again randomly. not sure why.

I knew that eventually i would be investing in the RF platform sooner or later, and buying only native glass as well, no more offbrand. my ideal wildlife setup would be the R5 with the 100-500mm RF lens from canon, but the 100-500 is out of stock absolutely everywhere, so I was going to hold off on the R5 until more come in stock. However, here in Canada the R5's are on sale for 200 bucks off, down to 5200 from 5400. would need an adapter and pairing it with the 150-600 isnt totally ideal from what ive heard, but im not sure if this is a permanent discount due to the announcement of the R3, or if its just a limited time thing. maybe someone whos been into photography for much longer than me could fill me in on how these canon camera discounts work over the long term?

Canon EOS R5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow