New Q2 Owner - Need Your Tips!

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
susn Forum Member • Posts: 64
New Q2 Owner - Need Your Tips!

Finally, after decades of a deep interest in photography, I felt it was finally time to look into Leica cameras for my next purchase. After a couple of weeks of intense research, being open to several other brands and types of cameras new and used (used Leicas), going back and forth on many categories of needs and wants, yesterday I settled on the Leica Q2, picked up the phone, called a good local camera store, asked if they had the Q2 in stock and to my surprise they did! I'm glad I didn't just put my name on backorder at B&H!

I took a couple of hundred shots in my garden and some indoors. I am completely blown away by the quality of the images and this is coming from a Nikon D810 and Fuji x100f (can't really compare the latter). It's a dramatic difference in image quality.

There is a learning curve. I could REALLY use your specific tips and suggestions for Q2 settings, use, etc. Things like what you wish you knew when you first started using it which were confusing but later discovered (settings, etc.) and just anything related to its use and operation. Here's a picture with nothing at all done to it except resizing.

susn's gear list:susn's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Leica Q2 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +2 more
Fujifilm X100F Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow