Long Zoom for Nikon Z

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Andrew Ellis
Andrew Ellis Contributing Member • Posts: 933
Long Zoom for Nikon Z

Whilst waiting for what seems like an eternity for Nikon to announce the 200--600 Native Z zoom lens, alas it seems this doesn't appear to be coming any time soon, so I'm looking into options.

My longest lens is currently the Nikon 300mm PF with the TC-14E III converter (so 420mm FF FOV). I want to get to around the 600mm without breaking the bank. Thought about the 500mm PF, but as good as it no doubt is, for £3k, it's just a bit to similar in Focal length and aperture to my current combo.I've also had the Nikon 200-500 in the past but again as good as that was, I found I just wasn't taking it with me as it ws so big and heavy.

I'm therefore thinking about the Tamron 150-600 G2 or the Sigma (sport or contemporary) equivalents. Has anyone used these on the Z's (have an original Z7 and a Z6 II if it matters with an FTZ). Any thoughts welcome please.

-- hide signature --

Lets make pictures, not war........

Andrew Ellis's gear list:Andrew Ellis's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7 +25 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow