MFT sensors. Who makes the sensors?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Simon Samson New Member • Posts: 21
MFT sensors. Who makes the sensors?

Looking at an old thread I came across information suggesting that Sony made some MFT  sensors and Panasonic made others but after looking its quite difficult to establish which cameras have which manufacturer's sensors etc. Im now looking back to the DMC G3, a camera from 2011. There is a perceived difference on my part at least of there being a hard to define difference between Olympus of the same era and Panasonic. The G3, correct me if I am wrong, had the first of the 16mpx señsors. I am interested to discover if the 12pmx of the G1 was made by the same firm as the 16mpx of the G3. I have used both cameras in the recent past and also used others from the Olympus EM5 and EM10 and EM10mkii. I have a perceived idea of there being a difference. Obviously the SNR firmware etc and hardware is all different etc but are the sensors different?.  That would be my question. I had stupidly assumed that MFT were all made by the same company, not through any knowledge but just and assumption based on MFT being a sort of cooperative affair. Im asking if anyone knows or has looked into the subject. Thanks very much in advance for your esteemed comments.

ANSWER:
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow