Panasonic G9 - photo editor software

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
SkiHound Veteran Member • Posts: 3,881
Re: Panasonic G9 - photo editor software

You can download trial versions of most of the available editors. Different editors have different user interfaces and you're the only person who can really determine if you're comfortable with the interface. If you are doing minor edits to out of camera jpeg files nearly any editor will suffice. IF you are going to shoot and edit the RAW files, then your choice may make a larger difference. I've not tried some of the other available options but I find DXO PhotoLab 4 does a terrific job with m43 files in terms of noise reduction and retention of detail. PL4 has camera/lens specific modules for distortion correction and sharpening. It also a feature called DeepPrime for noise reduction. I think the combo works great on m43 files. When I really want to work on a specific image I run them through PL4 as a first step. That said I don't love PL4 as a general editing tool. For general editing I mostly use On1 Raw.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow