Northern Lights

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ratita New Member • Posts: 1
Northern Lights

I was very honoured to view the northern lights in Iceland a few years ago

But............. Where were the beautiful colours? Isn’t it common knowledge that the aura displays greens, purples, yellow etc, Although the light display danced around in white blasts and streaks it still chocked me up.

99% of the tour came with cameras, tripods, lenses etc. I was shown on the bus what pictures had been taken and blown away to see all those amazing colours my naked eye had missed

My plan is to visit Finland next year with the correct equipment. I only have an iPhone 7 Plus to use in taking pictures. I need advice on what’s required, exposure, shutters etc.

i have no experience in photography nor what settings are required. I’m after a camera that I’m able to use that is basic but able to capture the northern lights display in colour.

I’m sure I’m one of many who believes the light display is multi coloured but in fact it isn’t. Unless you use a camera with a shutter speed setting.  Why the big secret in not telling people. Why would I go to all the effect seeing them and just expecting a white display.

so............ Can someone start me up with a camera and tripod oh and cost involved please

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow