Salvage photos only on LR cloud when hard drive hasn’t space to fully sync

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pinksalt New Member • Posts: 2
Salvage photos only on LR cloud when hard drive hasn’t space to fully sync

I’ve asked on on their forums with no response. Perhaps I just suck at explaining the issue.

I used an ancient pc laptop to import sd cards directly into LR CC with a full backup going to an external hard drive. I was editing on an iPad.

Life happened. The external drive wasn’t attached for multiple imports. Those files are only in the cloud.

I wanted to have a local copy of those files but haven’t been able to find the specific cords for the hard drive. (In the past attaching the hard drive would allow any “non local” photos to begin syncing. I’d assumed I would find the cord promptly during the previous imports.)

I opened Lightroom classic on the ancient pc (slowly, of course) and told classic to sync collections with cc. And store on the internal hard drive. Which I then realized lacked space to download the full 400 or so gbs.

So then began unsyncing collections from the classic panel. There are 4 that really matter. I just need those 4. The warning wasn’t noticed for a few clicks. Oh.  Go check on the iPad...unchecked collections are now empty.

Currently the sync mess is paused.

(I think those photos referenced in the now empty collections still exist in all photos. If so I don’t much mind as I’m planning to downgrade to the smaller 20g cloud package anyway. I’ll recompile on my new laptop if needed.)

my biggest issue is HOW do I grab just those images (and video files) that were imported over a span of months and safely download?  I tried just working in those files thinking that would bump them up the syncing queue...nope.

I’d like to copy everything currently in the cloud to a brand new hard drive as well. How do I do that without confusing Lightroom into deleting everything? Create new catalogue? Will that make cc think I don’t want anything in the older catalog and begin purging the cloud?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow