Looking for small-diameter lenses for EF mount, is there something I should avoid?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mapachebasura Forum Member • Posts: 98
Looking for small-diameter lenses for EF mount, is there something I should avoid?

Basically I shoot through a lot of chain-link fences and routinely am getting fence in the shot. For those I've been using the lil 40mm pancakeboi which doesn't leave a lot of excess beyond the mount and it's still too big. That said, I'm cool with and learning more about adapting lenses so now I'm poking around for something truly sans diameter.

I will not be affording Leica lenses this day nor any other day but those are the first that come to mind. I tend toward the 24-50mm range for what it's worth (well, all the way to ultrawide but I dont expect options there).

It looks like something like the Industar 22 would be equivalent (obviously on purpose) but I guess they have infinity focus issues because of some nut it's got in a place that does a thing. There's another Industar 52mm that looks not as narrow, but it's certainly smaller than the mount itself. So I may end up there.

If you had any other ideas, I'd love to hear them. Worst case I learn about a new lens! Best case is I find something I want to use.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow