field macro light improvement options

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP sanosai Regular Member • Posts: 237
Re: field macro light improvement options

Gregor Samsa wrote:

I don’t have the Laowa macro lens, but what makes you say the Meike flash won’t work with it? You can set the Meike to work in Manual mode, not just TTL. In fact, you can set one flash to be Manual and the other to be TTL at the same time if you want. There’s 3 groups that you can individually set settings for.

With the flash set to Manual, I can get the Meike to fire when there isn’t any lens at all attached to the camera, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t fire at the assigned settings with the Laowa attached.

Probably it would work in Manual mode, yes

I ve seen this critique as (negative) feedback in one retailer reviews, but maybe N/A

Other negative comments include the battery life + recycle times, and there must be some truth into this, as I would imagine that a pair of AAAs cant possibly provide enough juice for repeated/hard use. On the upside, its extremely lightweight as a system, which is important for some

sanosai's gear list:sanosai's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7R III Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow