Which 2: Sony: 70-200 2.8, 100-400 gm, 200-600, Safari, Serengeti

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Chris R-UK Forum Pro • Posts: 21,294
Re: US State Department Level 4 "do not travel"

Marco1ca wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, but if they allow me to enter, I will certainly go. I have not only been vaccinated but also got Covid last year. Fortunately for me, it was no big deal, just had a cough a some headaches, I never lost my taste or smell. Eating right and good vitamins paid off.

The risk to you personally should therefore be low, but Kenya would be a very bad place to catch COVID again.

Googling seems to show that all flights from the US to Nairobi involve a change of aircraft, normally in Europe. The main risk would therefore be that you can't get back because the European country puts in place some kind of ban on flights from Kenya.

Are you going with a major travel company?

We have just cancelled a river cruise in Holland and Germany in July that we booked about 15 months ago. With three countries involved and new Covid variants spreading in Europe, the chances of something going wrong are just too high.

Best of luck with your trip and I am sure that you will love it if it goes ahead.  We have been to South Africa quite a few times, but never to East Africa.

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow