Sensor cleaning fluid

Started 2 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,465
Sensor cleaning fluid

So I have finally decided to get some sensor cleaning swabs for when I'm traveling (just in case I have a serious dust spot issue).

With regard to the fluid, is there a specific type or brand I should be looking for? I know some people mention "Eclipse" solution but I'm not sure if this is a brand or type of fluid to sue when cleaning sensors....

I know there are a bunch of different types and sizes of swabs ( I know I Need the ones for FF sensors for my Z bodies) and am looking at a few different known brands, but it's the solution I'm more concerned about...

Also, I've heard of ones that are pre-moistened and you just open them and wipe across the sensor, meaning you don't have to add fluid to them.  Anyone use those or know anything about them?  If those exist, that would be ideal so I don't have to fiddle with a bottle of fluid.

(I'm obviously looking for the wet-cleaning system, not the sponge/sticky type that you use to "dab" the sensor to remove spots.)

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z5 Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow