Is there a current camera that fills my hybrid needs?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nirurin Senior Member • Posts: 1,061
Is there a current camera that fills my hybrid needs?

So I've been back and forth on these for a while, as there doesn't seem to be a single camera that fills my needs perfectly (not within my budget anyway! Which is around the £1500 mark)

The A7C (or A7iii, same camera basically, but the C has a couple upgrades and a smaller body which I like) would give me the photo quality I would want. Great full frame sensor, amazing autofocus. But only 8-bit video which is less than ideal, and the IBIS is the worst of the shortlist.

Fuji XT4 has video specs that completely overwhelm the A7C, but the old APSC sensor is fairly mediocre for stills. Probably fine, but for the same size/cost I could get full frame, which would always be a consideration. Fuji lenses are also behind the times, but there are rumours of Sigma releasing lenses as well as Fuji updating their 1.4 primes so there's hope there. Autofocus is... average. Good IBIS though.

Panasonic S5 has the small body, the full frame sensor, great video specs.... but the autofocus is DfD based and is, by all accounts, pretty poor.

most other systems/bodies seem to be out of my price range, or are missing features I wanted. Just thought I'd open up to suggestions in case there was something I was missing. I'm looking at the panasonic again but I don't know why they've stuck with their DfD system... I once had a G85 and that kind of autofocus has never been reliable.

Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow