New to Cameras, need help

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mdsneed42 New Member • Posts: 8
New to Cameras, need help

I am new to cameras, and I don't even know where to start. I have been looking for around 4 months, and it is a little overwhelming. I am mainly getting one to photograph animals, but I also want to be able to take it on vacation to capture memories. I have a budget all in around $1000 (camera, lense, case, etc.) I like the OM-D-E-M10, but I don't know if not having a mic input would matter if I decide later I want to video some. Also I have thought about the cannon rebel t7, Canon M50 II, or Olympus E-M10 III or E-M10 II.

Possibly would it be worth the savings to go a T100 or Nikon D100 and step up later, but it seems like a waste.

Should I be considering a sony, fujifilm, or nikon as well?

Do I need a mirrorless or is DSLR the route for me?

Is the 4/3 a better option for portability?  Possibly the smaller model like the Olympus PEN?

Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS Rebel T7 (EOS 2000D) Nikon D100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow