Z6 zoom lens questions

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
winstonjdickson Forum Member • Posts: 62
Z6 zoom lens questions

So, I've been in the market for a camera. I've been very tempted to pull the trigger on the Fuji X-T4 along with their 16-55 f/2.8 and either the 55-200 or the 70-300

Buuut, since Nikon as dropped their prices on their cameras I was looking at the Z6 with the 24-70 kit lens. I read reviews and the kit lens is comparable (if not better) than the Fuji 16-55. I do worry about this lens in lowlight situations though.

I am a beginner and would mainly be photographing my young kids (portraits and sports and other activities), puppy, landscapes, and some street photography. Eventually, I would like to photograph birds and wildlife (but that's further down the road)

My question is, if I needed something for more reach (not wildlife yet) what could be recommended? Something comparable to the 55-200 or the 70-300? I started researching and became a little overwhelmed between the F and Z mounts. The 70-200 f/2.8 VR S is out of my price range.

Thanks for all the help!

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow