Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 28,296
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

IR1234 wrote:

MikeJ9116 wrote:

Do you realize the two lenses you reference are non-starter lenses for professionals and enthusiasts for BIF, sports etc.? The f/11 fixed aperture and slow as a snail STM focus system these lenses are using is not for serious long telephoto shooters. These two lenses are budget lenses that are mostly for people looking to dabble in long telephoto shooting and are not some foretelling of Canon's intent toward their intentions to put out any camera, APS-C or FF.

Well, let's look at the evidence we have right now:

Canon sell 2 "non starter lenses" that give crop like reach on a budget.

Canon don't sell an APS-C RF mount camera.

You don't like the 600/800s, but apparently they must be selling well enough for Canon not to bother with an APS-C RF mount camera.

Not this year for sure, but that wasn't a surprise.  And the budget 600/800 lenses could also be seen as entry level/budget lenses for anyone to get into nature or sports photography.

Maybe I don't speak for all APS-C shooters, but I know I'm not keen on buying a FF body AND new lenses to get the same reach.  I already have the lenses, and from what I've read from R shooters using adapters the EF glass works just fine.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow