The era of overprocessed images is here

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Parker21 Forum Member • Posts: 85
The era of overprocessed images is here

More and more images are overprocessed, with maximised contrast, color vibrancy, sharpness etc.

It's all about making a statement, with punchy colours, HDR treatment and so forth.

First there were the smartphones, then the enthusiasts looking to maximise the impact of their images.

I am guilty of starting to buy into overprocessesing teritory myself. The problem? More and more images starting to look fake. Even images that don't need corrections get the maximum contrast/color treatment. People are buying $3000 worth of FF gear just to spend hours "improving" what already should have been a nice image. That's why we buy quality gear to begin with, right? Or maybe not.

Editing/in camera processing is much like plastic surgery- a tiny bit can help, but too much and your images are going to end up looking like Donatella Versace.

I still remember the film/CCD era, when colours on an image were pleasant without being "in your face" like they sometimes are today. Back then, the color was even slightly muted and there was no or very little sharpness added, and it was fine that way.

I guess Instagram, Facebook and the likes changed everything. Now it's punchy colours all the way or go home.

Agree, don't agree? Post here.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
tko
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow