Nikon Z5 / No flash ... how important?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RobLIC
RobLIC New Member • Posts: 8
Nikon Z5 / No flash ... how important?

Hello. Amateur here, but a good eye for composition from too many decades working in publishing.

There are some really nice deals now on the Z5. I keep getting stuck on the fact it doesn’t have a flash, like the Z50 — something serviceable, but obviously not suitable for all situations.

For years I used my D3200 and was happy as a clam. Now it’s been passed down..

Would some of you be willing to tell me why it’s wrong (or right) to be overthinking this? While I’m looking for the closest thing to an everyman/all-rounder camera, my usage pattern does skew toward interior shots — family time, restaurants, pets — and I’m wondering if I’d constantly feel as if my images were dark.

I know I could resolve this by picking up a 5600, but I do feel strongly that I want to transition to mirrorless ... and I have no desire to lug around an external flash.

I also freely admit I spent too many years with the dial set on automatic and as a result have less of a sense of exposure time/results than I’d like.

Thanks,

Rob

RobLIC's gear list:RobLIC's gear list
Apple iPhone 12 Pro
Nikon D3200 Nikon Z5 Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow