Tamron 45mm 1.8 VC Instead of 50mm S?

Started 2 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
larrytusaz Senior Member • Posts: 2,668
Tamron 45mm 1.8 VC Instead of 50mm S?

Recently I posted that I was having trouble getting the eyes in focus with portraits using my Z50 and FTZ adapted 50mm 1.8G. The consensus is that it's because I was using shutter speeds around 1/60 or 1/100 because it wasn't a really bright sunny day and I didn't want to shoot at a higher ISO. That's especially the case because I observed that I had no such difficulty when I previously shot with Olympus as I had access to image stabilization.

Originally I was considering getting the 50mm 1.8 S as it's highly rated but that lens also lacks image stabilization. Recently I learned of the Tamron 45mm 1.8 VC, with that I WOULD have image stabilization. Does that sound like a worthwhile option for days when I find myself stuck with slower shutter speeds?

larrytusaz's gear list:larrytusaz's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D3300 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow