XF 8-16 on a new playground

Started 4 weeks ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mike lix Senior Member • Posts: 1,394
XF 8-16 on a new playground

Hi,

so this is what I do for a living, I work for a company that manufactures playgrounds for kids. This is a new ship we have, me and my friend-colleague together designed three types of ships a year or two ago and this is the first one that has turned into reality. I´m quite pleased how this one looks in the real world.

And, most importantly, I was bought the amazing XF 8-16 to shoot every new playground that´s worth it.   I used to own the Zeiss Touit 12/2.8 which is really good lens, and after several photoshoots I found the 12mm to be just the right focal length to shoot a playground. But now with the 8-16mm I was surprised how often I used the 8mm FL, all of a sudden the 12mm feel almost like a standard FL.

The image quality of the XF 8-16 is simply great, sharpness is lovely all across the frame, flare restistance is surprisingly good, also good news is that the sunstar feels the best at f/8 which is where the whole frame is still basically free from diffraction. Oh and if you shoot so that something is of focus, both the foreground and background blurs are smooth. This is a great, great lens.

The only gripe may be that at those smaller apertures and this ultrawide angle, most of the time everything is in perfect focus so the AF often doesn´t know at which distance to focus. Apart from shooting details or closeups, I mostly roughly guessed the focus distance and focused manually.

There is only one shot taken with the 16-55/2.8, all of the others were taken with the great XF 8-16/2.8. And the color profile of choice was Classic Negative (in C1).

mike

-- hide signature --

www.instagram.com/michal.placek.fotograf
www.facebook.com/michal.placek.fotograf
500px.com/mikepl500px

mike lix's gear list:mike lix's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR XF 90mm +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow