Affordable wild life camera combination.

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jwBobby458 Regular Member • Posts: 391
Affordable wild life camera combination.

Yes, I know this type of question has been asked many times before. So, a thousand apologies for that. But, post-covid, as I am wanting to get walking again, and would also like to plan in an owl photography trip to Finland next year I have been looking into options for an affordable (for me) wildlife set up that would cater for dragonflies to owls and to birds in flight (feathered and metal). I am not averse to buying used kit.

I have long been a fan of bridge cameras and like the Sony RX10iv as a consideration, and an obvious upgrade from the Panasonic FZ200 I currently use for most photography that I do. Two mirrorless options would be the Fuji X-S10 plus new 70-300 lens or Sony A6400 plus 70-350 lens. I would love the 100-400 lens but cost and size would probably be factors that would prevent their purchase. Maximum budget £2000/$2800/e2320.

I would appreciate any thoughts and experiences on my possible choices, or alternative options not considered. Thank you for reading this. Stay safe and well. John

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow