Which 2: Sony: 70-200 2.8, 100-400 gm, 200-600, Safari, Serengeti

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ChelseaPhotographer
ChelseaPhotographer Contributing Member • Posts: 953
Re: Which 2: Sony: 70-200 2.8, 100-400 gm, 200-600, Safari, Serengeti

Marco1ca wrote:

Believe it or not, the batteries in the Sony A7r iv last a long time, much longer than other sony's i've owned. I have 3, i'll get another one for the other body, so two each.

As far as lenses, one thing I didn't add in my post is that i'll be going alone and have my own private jeep driver. Perhaps he can allow me the proper distance with 70-200, it's just such an awesome lens, but your suggested setup may be what I end up doing.

Never thought about a balloon ride, sounds like some good landscape shots!

I have the A7RIV also, and compared to other mirrorless the batteries do last a lot longer, but 4 batteries for a full day of shooting might be tight. You may end up going through 3 batteries with one body and only one with the other, but I would want to have one or two more. Also think about the logistics of charging them. There were some remote places where we camped where you really couldn't plug all your electronics (laptops, etc.), so every now and then we had to rely on batteries that we charged two days prior. One single charger might not to be enough if you are charging 4 batteries every day... A power inverter may come in handy for charging in the car.

In the end, I don't think you want to end up without power after spending so much money on gear and on what could be a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

ChelseaPhotographer's gear list:ChelseaPhotographer's gear list
SeaLife DC2000 Ricoh GR III Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS Nikon D850 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow