Finally succumbed to the V3 and the first few shots :D

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Naia Forum Member • Posts: 52
Finally succumbed to the V3 and the first few shots :D

So as a lover of all things Nikon 1, I’ve always had my eye on the V3, I didn’t succumb to purchasing one when they first came out, as I absolutely wanted to have the EVF and grip and the price for the kit with both was just too high. I also was a little concerned about the modular design. I did get the J5 which is a wonderful little camera, very portable with great image quality, but I’ve always missed the viewfinder and being able to mount my SB-N7 flash, as well as some of the settings and freedom you get with the V2.

But together my V2 and J5 have been an absolutely wonderful kit.

I’ve been keeping an eye on eBay and MPB for second hand V3s over the last few years, but there’s always been something (usually the evf) missing, and the evf has become really tricky to tie down on its own, and very highly priced.

A few weeks ago, while searching on MPB I found a V3 body in ‘excellent’ condition, for around £270 with the evf pictured but not mentioned in the description. I eagerly messaged them to ensure the EVF was included and worked correctly, and I was overjoyed to discover it did, and was in fully working order.

This was probably half the price of what I’ve been seeing for getting the camera and the EVF. The only EVF I’ve found was second hand on amazon and £270 just on its own I also managed to find a “like new” grip for £69, which I ordered alongside the camera.

I couldn’t believe my luck when it arrived, it really does look brand new, save the tiniest of marks on the LCD which is barely noticeable. I absolutely love the way this camera feels. I did a shutter count check and it was just in the early 3000s

I will always love my V2, but there’s just something so satisfying about the weight of the V3 with the grip and how easy it is to grip in your hand. The only problem was they had forgotten to pack the charger with the camera. So I couldn’t use the camera straight away, I luckily managed to pick up a third party charger from amazon which arrived pretty rapidly.

Anyway had my first little outing with the V3 a week or so ago, and here are some of the first shots Ive taken with it. I had the 10-100 non PD with me, and I’m really enjoying this lens as an all rounder at the moment!

I thought this plant looked a little like an upside down pineapple

Was a little sad that the squirrel’s face was slightly out of focus on this one

So far I am in love with the V3 it just feels fast. I love having the extra function buttons, it just feels so much quicker to adjust settings on the fly, and the grip is a wonderful if not vital addition. Feel so lucky to have found this deal. My Nikon 1 collections is pretty much complete and I’m hoping to continue to use this system for years to come. It’s just such a joy and so portable!

Naia's gear list:Naia's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 +10 more
Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow