Connecting a6000 to PC etc, forgotten about by Sony?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DigiPainter Regular Member • Posts: 300
Connecting a6000 to PC etc, forgotten about by Sony?

So Sony forces us to use Imaging Edge Remote, which is buggy as all heck. I just got it working semi ok on my phone.

But I wanted to use my A6000 as a WebCam on my TV or Laptop. Well the Imaging Edge Remote has no option for a6000.
So what the Flap are we meant to do?
This is one of the reasons Im looking to go to a more reliable company than Sony, there software is not even B grade. The UX design is terrible and often they forget to include cameras that are still being sold.
Anyway if anyone has a work around to connect my a6000 to my laptop to display liveview Webcam, Id be really happy.
I know you can use a couple of other apps if you have your PC connected to the internet via Ethernet you can connect your camera to your PC via Wifi, but clearly cant do both at once on Wifi, which is a PITA, because I do not use my webcam anywhere near my router, my speeds a 920Mbps down, 450Mphs up and a 2ms ping, so I have no need for ethernet connections nor is it a practical route to go down.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow