I have GAS for the A1 and shoot with A7R4 but will resist

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Guy Churchward
Guy Churchward Contributing Member • Posts: 866
I have GAS for the A1 and shoot with A7R4 but will resist

I’ve been noodling a lot as I suspect many are... I get extremely frustrated I don’t have the speed of an A9 and lose a lot of images of BIF and Bees etc. I spend most of my time taking landscape pics so the R4 is the right camera based on my enjoyment but I would truly love to have a more tactile BIF body..... however, I don’t need 8k video and don’t want to pay for something I don’t need.. I never use video (yup I know I did with the R4 but don’t want to repeat that)... so I could ‘almost’ buy a 2nd body aka an A9... but I have to assume Sony will refresh the A9 and produce a mid way larger image A9 dedicated for wildlife/sports between the A9 and the A1 as a replacement and not too far down the line as the A1 is a supercar price and most are happy with sports cars  ..

Guy Churchward's gear list:Guy Churchward's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony a7R IV Sony 1.4x Teleconverter Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +3 more
Sony a1 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow