Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
MikeJ9116 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,995
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

gipper51 wrote:

MikeJ9116 wrote:

By your logic, nobody should be using a dedicated camera. Including FF and P&S models.

I'm not implying any logic, just reporting what's going on out there. The public at large is not lugging around real cameras anymore. Camera sales figures back that up. The cell phone is the camera of choice for masses now.

By your logic Canon also shouldn't be selling FF or P&S cameras too. I live in one the biggest tourist areas of the USA. I see far more APS-C cameras being toted around than FF cameras. How does this fit with your logic? If people are lugging around real cameras these days most are opting for the APS-C cameras to reduce size, weight and in many cases cost of ownership.

Look at all the people in the forums at DPR that use both APS-C and FF. Both sensor sizes serve a purpose for them. I am one of these people. I have two FF cameras and two APS-C cameras (SL2 and M3). I use the SL2 way more than the other three combined. I am far from an anomaly in this regard. I do this because most situations where I use a camera I would rather carry the smaller SL2 and the EF-S 15-85mm lens. Then add a prime or two as I see fit depending on where I am going. I still take a FF camera on occasion but not very often. I would love to have an RF mount APS-C option to replace the SL2 I use. There are many more people that want this same option too.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow