Street/People Photography with P950

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Elliern Senior Member • Posts: 1,181
Street/People Photography with P950

While waiting for my camera to arrive, I began to look at some old photos with past cameras. I noticed that I had quite a few candid shots of people (three of children). Most were taken in other cities but a few on the beach of people fishing, surfing, children jumping waves, etc. While visiting Asheville, NC a few years ago I had probably 50 or more shots of people using either my P610 or possibly my sx50. Asheville is made up of people who definitely (and literally) walk or dance to their own drummer. Anyone who has attended the drum circle knows what I mean. This was all before the pandemic of course. I did the same using my P610 while walking in downtown Charleston, SC. I loved shooting the Gullah women making straw baskets or jewelry near the Straw Market, and to a lesser extent in Savannah, Ga.
So...because of its size, is street photography possible with the P950? Does anyone use it for this type of photography? There are no trips on the horizon to any place interesting. Thanks for sharing any opinions and photos

-- hide signature --

Ellie

Elliern's gear list:Elliern's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon D5100 Sony a6000 Nikon D5500
Nikon Coolpix P610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow