My R5 and Chickadee Kisses

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
danferrin Regular Member • Posts: 421
My R5 and Chickadee Kisses

A couple of photos from this afternoon. Both shot with the R5 and the RF 100-400 Mk II with the EF 1.4x Mk III. My brother Ed keeps telling me to try shooting with higher ISO, so, since the light was a bit low today and the wind was blowing things around, I set the ISO to 3200, lens wide open at f/8. Shooting in Aperture Priority, these were both at 1/2500. To deal with the noise in the images, I ran both through DXO's new PureRaw, using Deep Prime. That and a bit of exposure adjustment and sharpening in Lightroom was all the Chickadee Kiss Photo needed. The autofocus was not quite able to keep up with the wind though, so after the Deep Prime treatment, the image with the seed in the air was run through Topaz Sharpen AI. There are some artifacts in the image that I am a bit disappointed about, but in general, it looks a lot better than it did before the Sharpen AI treatment.

-- hide signature --

My life is a circle of confusion - photography is my meditation.
See my work at www.danferrinphotography.com

danferrin's gear list:danferrin's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 20-35mm F3.5-4.5 USM +16 more
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow