Velcro inserts for super-telephoto pack - internal compartment(s) for batteries/teleconverter

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Vossen New Member • Posts: 5
Velcro inserts for super-telephoto pack - internal compartment(s) for batteries/teleconverter

Hello to all you experienced folks on dpreview...

I'm trying to improve the set-up of my hiking camera pack - I hope there's a good option out there that someone knows about.

I have a Nikon D850 with Nikon AF-S 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR that I hike with in my Tamrac Anvil 25. It's a great pack and very comfortable. It's not big on pockets, and given the 800mm comes with a TC800 ED teleconverter, there's no easy place to put this.  (Sorry if this sounds like I'm complaining - I realize it's a nice problem to have...  Unfortunately I've dropped the teleconverter twice now because I've left it loose in the pack, and I don't want to do it again.  A lot of super-telephoto packs seem to suffer from an absence of pockets, so I don't think it's just the Tamrac.)

I could add an external Arc-attached pouch like: https://www.tamrac.com/collections/arc/products/arc-lens-case-1-1 but there's spare room inside the pack and I like the slim-line profile, particularly when hiking through scrub.

Has anyone found a solid velcro-attached pouch that mounts to the internal fabric of a pack?  I'm not looking for a divider, but an actual pouch with a clip or zip that stops the teleconverter falling out when I open the pack.  I can probably sew my own, but was hoping someone else had already produced something...

thank you for any help and advice - this is such an informative forum

V

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow