is DPP Always Slow...And whats up with Cloud Processing?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LesT
LesT Regular Member • Posts: 372
is DPP Always Slow...And whats up with Cloud Processing?

Started using DPP a bit today and have a few questions. Bit amusing is that it is probably one of the only editing programs I haven't dug into just yet....and it's free.

First off... my system is up to date (i9-11900K/32GB DDR4-3200/Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus) but I find the program slow, particularly when moving from the Crop menu on the right to the 'Adjust Specific Areas'. It seems to take 5 plus seconds, if not longer the ffirst time and when moving through these menus. Is this normal???

Its much the same in reducing luminance noise...seems like it isn't showing the effect right away..

Next up...cloud processing. Has anyone run a comparison to this with Topaz or Adobe as it seems to work well.

New problem... I keep trying to get the correct lens data but it tells me failed to load lens reg tool...

Thanks ahead.

LesT's gear list:LesT's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow