Techniques Help

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Zoba132 Regular Member • Posts: 494
Techniques Help

Hi everyone

I did some Hiking during the weekend, and tried to reproduce couple of things I'm not sure I was able to correctly -

- I seen often how waterfall/rivers pictures has very "Milky" look to it. I'm not sure how much of it is actual post-process or external gear, but I went with the obvious thing I could think of - increasing the time the Shutter is open. I used a tripod for that. I tried couple of photos, and the river was indeed getting milker. But at some point, around 1/8th everything was just getting very very bright (which again, makes sense). I tried to decrease the amount of light with smaller apperture, but that worked only for a while. So I wonder how people take those kind if pictures? Limit the Shutter to a sane number and fix the extra brightness post-processing?

- I wanted to take a portrait of my wife while there's a sunset behind her. Focusing on my wife face, was hurting the sunset exposure. So I tried it the other way around - I focused on the Sunset, getting the proper exposure, Locked it with my "Lock Exposure Button", and then focused again on my wife past. The face were of-course dark, but I was possible to fix some of that post-processing. But this was all guess work. Is there a proper way doing it? It also made me think. Sometimes I would take a picture in a scene, where the sky gets blown into just "White". Should I do the same thing I did with the sunset? Get the Exposure of the Sky, Lock it - and then focus the object and fix exposure later?

Thanks!

Zoba132's gear list:Zoba132's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow