A1 IBIS issues

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
f1point4andbethere
f1point4andbethere Regular Member • Posts: 330
A1 IBIS issues

I've been back & forth with Sony about some Ibis / steady shot issues with my A1, and still not sure if it's my camera or the A1 in general.

I thought that a factory reset had improved things, but after using the camera again I was wrong. It turns out that my A1 IBIS takes a few seconds to engage after any real movement or period of time in between shots. This is why it didn't effectively engage for almost half of my photos/video clips on the last wedding I shot with it.

Sony wanted me to send some video demonstrating this to send to their engineering department, as they don't believe it's a hardware issue. This is what I sent them, incase anyone wants to check if their A1 is affected as well:

Here's a link to a video that demonstrates the slow kick-in of the A1 IBIS/ SteadyShot:

Notice that if there's any real camera movement between shots, the steadyshot takes much longer to engage. This is also the case after the camera sleeps, lens change, power-off, etc. This becomes a real problem for anyone trying to capture photos or video in a non-static situation where we may be moving around and need to capture moments quickly, such as a wedding. The second half of the video is a repeat of the same demonstration using the A7III. You'll easily notice that the A7III IBIS kicks-in instantly, where the A1 sometimes takes up to 5 seconds to fully engage.

f1point4andbethere's gear list:f1point4andbethere's gear list
Sony a1
Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow