Confusion between CF , CF express, Cfast.

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
John Spaar
John Spaar Contributing Member • Posts: 875
Confusion between CF , CF express, Cfast.

I just returned one of the  NEXTO card reader storage units for having the wrong slots.

It was my fault, as I did not know what CFast  was(actually had to do spell correct because my computer didn't know either ). I actually thought it was an upgraded CF like USB1.0, USB2.0 , USB3. OOOOpppsss.

I am returning it for an exchange to B and H , and feel embarrassed but in all  fairness the pictures can be deceiving . They should show the connector side too.

How many cameras use these CFast  cards? I think the older Canon 1DX......

Anyway, I will be getting the RMA, (Thanks B&H for understanding). Will cost me $9.63 for the RMA, but well worth it.  Lesson learned.

I guess I need to slow down, I had to return a GODOX DP600iii because I didn't know it was a 220V model. It was not in the description except I noticed later the modeling light was a 150W 240V... Duh.

PS> Does anyone else have one of these NEXTO units and think the display could be a little higher resolution for $400.  Oh, well , at least I can tell which picture it is. Plus would it kill the vendors to put a "UNIT DOES NOT SHIP WITH AN INTERNAL DRIVE, MUST PURCHASE SEPERATELY" in the description .

Just saying....Glad the automobile industry hasn't done this yet. I mean you can order which engine on certain models, but you can bet there will at least be an engine.  Would not work without one and these reader/storage units will not work without a HDD.

Maybe it's just me....Sorry.

-- hide signature --

A purist at heart to protect the art

John Spaar's gear list:John Spaar's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EOS 50D +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow