Sony FE 14mm F1.8 GM

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Dan_168 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,772
Re: Sony FE 14mm F1.8 GM

Nokiron wrote:

Some images have been leaked by Nikoshita of this upcoming lens. Anyone here that have been longing for this kind of focal length?

Product image of the Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM. It should be announced by the end of next week.

https://twitter.com/nokishita_c/status/1383159004638056449

I sold most of my Sony GM lenses as i am on my way to GFX100s and the upcoming Canon R3, but I will definitely get this Sony 14 1.8 for one specific application -- Backpacking/long hiking Milky Way shooting, if this lens is anywhere as good as or even better than the Sigma 14 1.8 I have now, I will keep the Sony body just for this lens. it will be a big weight/ size saving between a 7R4+ 14GM vs D850 + Sigma 14 1.8. already switched my tracker from Sky-Watcher Star Adventure to MSM for size and weight reason, so if I can have a tiny 14mm 1.8, the combo will be great, not much diff if I only walk a mile, but if I have to hike 4 miles with all the other more essential back country stuff, it's a big deal.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow