M10-r With 50mm 'Lux & 35mm 'Cron Image Examples

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
MisterHairy Senior Member • Posts: 2,522
M10-r With 50mm 'Lux & 35mm 'Cron Image Examples

Hi Folks

When I was deciding whether to upgrade to the vanilla M10 or its -r variant, I spent a little while looking for examples showing how much additional detail the latter can capture relative to the original model. There weren't terribly many around and those that were found emphasised other aspects of the new sensor over its resolving power. Perfectly understandable and yes, there are more important things to consider, but if you are looking at these cameras then maybe these two images will be in some way helpful.

Both taken in strong sunlight, I am afraid, and at f/8 so there's no subtlety to the images whatsoever, but that isn't the point of them. DNG files developed in Lightroom with moderate sharpening settings and, in the case of the museum shot, a certain amount of shadow & highlight manipulation was needed due to the direct sunlight.

Impressive performance from the 50mm, giving such strong aliasing right at the edge of the frame.

M10-r & 50mm Summilux Asph @ f/8

M10-r & 35mm Summicron Asph @ f/8.

-- hide signature --

It is easier to speak three languages than it is to use three camera systems with any degree of proficiency.

MisterHairy's gear list:MisterHairy's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm X-T4 +20 more
Leica M10-R Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow