Nostalgia: Re-processed 300D photos from 2006

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reto B
Reto B Senior Member • Posts: 1,849
Nostalgia: Re-processed 300D photos from 2006

Recently I reprocessed photos from that year with the latest software. The modern programs offer outstanding tools to really get the best out of any photos. The images were taken with the good, old Canon EOS 300D, the first really usable digital camera for me (later I upgraded to the 5D MKII and finally migrated to Sony mirror less). Despite the low 6 MP resolution of the 300D it provided pretty good RAW files and the following images show what's possible with the latest versions of RAW converters.

For the entire set of photos taken with the 300D in 2006 and to read the corresponding comments please go here .

All photos were taken in the Italian speaking part of Switzerland, the Ticino, in the Valle Maggia and Val Bavona:

A side arm of the Maggia river with a small waterfall.

Very old house in Val Bavona.

One of the many little chapels all over in the woods along the hiking trails.

The Val Bavona is a wild and very special place. Visit my Ticino page to learn more.

Wild and beautiful wherever you go...

Typical granite houses hundreds of years old!

The Foroglio waterfall

Another tiny village in the Val Bavona.

The art of building houses with granite stone is still alive today.

Inside an open, well maintained and beautiful little chapel.

Again, to see the entire set of photos taken with the 300D in Ticino in 2006 and to read the corresponding comments please go here.

Please don't hesitate to comment or to ask questions

I hope you enjoy this nostalgic trip back to 2006!

Best wishes,
Reto

Reto B's gear list:Reto B's gear list
Ricoh GR III Sony a7R III Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +8 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Canon EOS 300D (EOS Digital Rebel / EOS Kiss Digital)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow