Costa Rica?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
photoholiko Senior Member • Posts: 2,841
Costa Rica?

I'm contemplating traveling to Costa Rica this summer and thinking about the equipment suited for the wildlife and the weather. I'm told that it often rains so a rain jacket and small umbrella would be my choice.

For cameras, I think I will need the reach for wildlife, so APS-c would be logical but I would want FF for landscapes as well, which means carrying two systems. to get around that I plan on using my Sony A7II with the kit 28-70, that is the only Sony lens that I own. I chose this camera in order to use my Cannon lenses, so I would add the EF 28-135 with my AF adapter.

Mounting EF-S lenses would reduce the focal length to APS-C on the A7II, then adding the EF-S 55-250 + the 10-18 ( Equiv. 82-375 and 15-27 ) I would also bring a 1.4 teleconverter. The total would be one camera and four lenses. I left out a tripod or monopod because both cameras are stabilized.

I always bring my Lumix GX-85 when I travel for street and general photography. That could also serve as a back up with a AF EF, EF-S adapter if my Sony failed.

Could I have your thoughts on this subject? I would thankfully appreciate it.

photoholiko's gear list:photoholiko's gear list
Canon EOS 400D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Epson PhotoPC 850 Zoom Minolta DiMAGE 7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +34 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow