The shooting experience of the a73 and A7c

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joe Bagadonuts Regular Member • Posts: 246
The shooting experience of the a73 and A7c

I have been struggling with my Pentax gear, and random other gear,  for more than a decade of poor AF results, and have been amazed by what the Sony A73 and A7C are doing in that regard. Yes, yes, I know, photogs were nailing focus with film cameras even. I am not ashamed to ask the camera for as much help as I can get. I am not a pro, nor retired, and with a family and running a business, I just don’t have the practice time to suffer a penance of blurry photos of my kids entire childhood anymore.

My real question is how is the shooting experience with these cameras? The knock on Sony that they are technical marvels, but not the best ergonomics or shooting experience, designed by engineers who aren’t photographers. I love the Pentax ergonomics, and I love the manual dials of my lx100 and Fuji x100 over a mode dial. I only had a chance to hold an old A7 years ago and remember being shocked at the weight to size ratio, that’s about it. 
So are they a joy to use? How are the ergonomics? I don’t care about the menus, I figure once you set it up, no big deal. Are the knocks on them just brand trolling or justified? I don’t have a camera store to try. I’ve never heard any rebuttal to the user experience from experienced users. I’d love some feedback before diving into a new system. Thanks in advance.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic LX100 Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow