Q2 on a Walk Up the Sanibel Island Beach

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
LeicaEye Veteran Member • Posts: 3,837
Re: Q2 on a Walk Up the Sanibel Island Beach

Greg7579 wrote:

We are visiting some friends this week in Cape Coral, Florida and drove across the bridge to Sanibel Island, which is one of the best sea shell collection beaches in the World. My wife and I walked 4 miles on the beach and I left the GFX 100 in the car and took the Q2.

I took 50 shots and had to delete 8 of them because my old Q2 problem that I had two years ago popped up again. I had to send my Q2 back to Germany when I first got it (back when it came out). They rebuilt it because of an OIS problem where 5% of my shots were blurred. This was not an EV, camera shake or user error problem but was an OIS fault of some sort.

Leica had my camera for over two months and took a real interest in it. I had the problem well documents with tons of sample shots. The problem still occurred rarely over the past 18 months since then but during this shoot, it happened on 8 of my 50 images.

I will of course keep an eye on this closely and if it happens again I will call Leica.

One thing - these were bright daylight shots and I was always above 1/125 and usually 1/150 or above or higher. On a 28mm we don't need OIS at those speeds but I did not shut it off. Of course this fault should not have occurred and didn't on 45 of the shots, which were all uber-sharp. The 8 deletes were badly blurred and totally random - exactly as before when I had the problem.

I love the Q2. It is my all-time favorite camera.

Lovely Images, nicely seen & taken..   Regards, L

-- hide signature --

“Hold the vision, trust the process.” –

LeicaEye's gear list:LeicaEye's gear list
Leica V-Lux 40 Leica D-Lux 7 Nikon D3100 Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 90D +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow