Setting Lowest Shutter Speed on E-M1.3

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NicsPixels Regular Member • Posts: 413
Setting Lowest Shutter Speed on E-M1.3

I’m wanting to set up a custom menu on my E-M1.3 strictly for birds. When seeing a bird I want to grab a photo of, in my haste, I often have the shutter speed set to slow and most photos turn out blurry due to motion blur. (I’m often doing landscapes and not too tuned into my shutter speed).

I heard that other camera systems have an option to “cap” the slowest shutter speed at a given speed and the camera will not let you go below that. Is there a way to do this in the E-M1.3? Or should I just stick with Shutter priority and just not touch the shutter dial.

I’m hoping I can just add this function to my “bird capture” custom menu (i.e. C1) and, with a push of a button, be pretty close to the settings i want to start getting sharper bird photos.

TIA

NicsPixels's gear list:NicsPixels's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW100 Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow