Problems with metadata in Z6 II NEF files?

Started 3 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rgames1 Regular Member • Posts: 109
Problems with metadata in Z6 II NEF files?

I'm having a few weird problems with the NEF files from my Z6 II.  First, they transfer  much slower (~60 MB/s) than NEF files from my D750 or D850 (~90 MB/s) when using the same memory card and reader.

Second, Windows takes forever to pull up all the basic info (e.g. date created).  When I dump ~1000 images into a directory, the green bar that moves across the top of the explorer window to show progress on pulling out file info goes about 10x slower than with files from the D750.

Third, the "date created" and "date modified" data in XMP files generated by Adobe Bridge are just flat out wrong for a lot of the images.  These are timelapse sequences so it's pretty easy to tell they're way off when sorted by date created.

So, in short, my computer gets confused when dealing with NEF files from the Z6 II.  Again, I've been using D600/D610/D750/D800/D810/D850 NEF files for years with no issues and files from those cameras continue to work just fine.

Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution?

Thanks,

rgames

ANSWER:
Nikon D750 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow