Filters for K-1 & D-FA 24-70: ring-type ND, or filter-system?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Sjak
OP Sjak Senior Member • Posts: 5,964
Re: Filters for K-1 & D-FA 24-70: ring-type ND, or filter-system?

Thanks everybody for contributing to this thread. Your input was very valuable in directing my research. I've spent a few evenings reading reviews, looking at youtube videos, images with different types of ND/GND/...-filters.

Also took my Fuji + 18mm + ND1000 out for a walk. Screwing a circular filter on and off quickly gets annoying But from the YT-vids, I also noticed the square fitler kits might be larger than I'd typically like to take with me on a walk, and filter-prices can get quite high.

For now, I settled on the K&F magnetic set, which consists of a magnetic ring, and a set of UV, CPL and ND1000. The filters can be snapped on/off very quickly (convenient for composition and/or focusing) and the total package is very compact. According to reviews, the CPL is decent, and the ND1000 good, and both have good coatings which make them very easy to clean.

This is a pretty new system, and there are no other filtrers available yet. In addition, GND-filters are not an option. But overall, it seems a great but still small package to have in the everyday-bag. If I get into using ND's more, then obviously a 100mm square system is the next step.

Sjak's gear list:Sjak's gear list
Pentax K100D Pentax K10D Leica M-Monochrom Fujifilm X-T1 Pentax K-1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow