field macro light improvement options

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP sanosai Regular Member • Posts: 237
Re: field macro light improvement options

Gregor Samsa wrote:

That looks great Gregor!

Those arms seemed to be made for those R200 units of the Meike

I was about to ask how on earth did you manage to fit the Neweer softbox on them (I ve for the same one..) As the R200 has very little room at the front in order for the softbox strap to be secured. But then I saw this photo; you ve actually teared the softbox bottom 3-4cm in order to slide it in, with the strap securing after the R200 mount

As I ll have the cage for my A7RIII arriving shortly, I m thinking that the 7inch version of the magic arm should suffice. This may not have the absolute flexibility of the DD903s, but I know it ll be strong enough to support even heavier flash units than the Meike..

Which brings me to my dilemma about going either for the Meike or a pair of Godox TT350S (+X2 commander). The Godox is more bulky and heavier (250g each, inc battery) and lacks the focusing beam light of the Meike. But I feel that the Godox is more expandable, plus is cheaper and more well supported where I m located

Just a question - does the Meike flash stand has an 1/4'' hole underneath?

I just want to know that it will sit directly on the Smallrig 1/4'' screw, without a cold shoe adaptor!?

sanosai's gear list:sanosai's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a7R III Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow