Ultra Small Travel Kit Advice

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
erick4x4
erick4x4 Regular Member • Posts: 401
Ultra Small Travel Kit Advice

Quick question, like most of you I have a ridiculous collection of way too many camera bags, and YET I don't have something I like for my most compact setup. I'm FINALLY getting to travel again to San Diego in a few weeks, wow it's been a while for me!

Often on business or even family trips, where photography is not the purpose, and I really can't bring much gear (without annoying everyone!), I'm trying to build the ultimate tiny bag kit that can still have great range, but fit the whole camera bag in my backpack so I'm not bringing a whole extra carry-on.

Anyone have anything they really like for the 1-3 compact lens/A7riii combo? I have a classic range pouch size one if I just bring a 24-105 and the A7riii, but since we are all so fortunate to have some of these tiny lenses with Sony, I'm looking for a bag that could do my  16-35GM + 85mm 1.8, or my 20mmG, 35mm 2.8 ZA, and 85mm 1.8, as a super small kit that can still cover huge range with a variety of scenarios.

Any opinions? I've looked at so many, but hoping someone has personal opinions and similar experience carrying a kit like this.

TIA!

erick4x4's gear list:erick4x4's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow