Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
IR1234 Senior Member • Posts: 1,885
Re: Canon rumored R7. I'm calling it...

MikeJ9116 wrote:

As am I and APS-C, in general. There are many millions of APS-C users and many of them are waiting for APS-C cameras with an RF mount. IMO, Canon would be crazy to not serve these people in the R system. The M system will not serve them because Canon won't let it serve them.

So where is the R7 then? Apparently you know Canon's market better than them, you've postulated some examples of why this camera is necessary, so if it's not the R6, where is it? The 7D2 was 2014, Canon work on 4-5 year cycles, the 7D3 is now 2-3 years overdue.

It'd be great to see an R7, so where is it? People have been talking about the 7D2 replacement since 2018, and it's not anywhere to be found. Canon didn't even bother with an interim body in say 2018/9 apart from the 90D.

The RF system is now 5 bodies in (inc R3) and we still have no APS-C model, yet we have news of R7 prototypes in the field and yet no one saw the R3 coming.

IR1234's gear list:IR1234's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 550D +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow