Basic questions - wannabe MF user

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Greg7579
Greg7579 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,152
Re: A pretty well researched article - from DPReview staff

Erik why drag up controversial 4-year-old DPR opinion pieces from back in the days when DPR was seen by Fuji as unfriendly to the introduction of GFX, and when literally all of the early DPR opinion piece articles were seen as accentuating the negative and were decidedly lukewarm (at best) to GFX while failing to accentuate the far superior image fidelity of the GFX system?

That was 4 years ago and DPR has changed its generally negative editorial tone regarding GFX (especially in the last 18 months).  They had to in order to maintain any level of credibility as GFX took off....

I read this article and also some early opinion pieces by Richard back about 3 years ago when I was deciding to buy GFX. Those early DPR articles almost convinced me not to go GFX.

But several people on this forum told me to ignore those early biased opinion pieces and take the plunge.

I'm so glad I did.

Those early opinion pieces were off on what GFX was all about - especially on the IQ / image fidelity / look and anything that could have been perceived as clear advantages vs FF.

But hey - no worries - nothing wrong with digging out old DPR early-GFX opinion pieces, especially if the intent is to dampen someone's enthusiasm for spending that much money on a camera system vs FF.

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Leica Q2 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow